Woman hospitalized after fire spreads from stove to attic

SAN DIEGO (CNS) – A woman was hospitalized for smoke inhalation on Saturday after her home was damaged in a fire near Jamul.

The fire started at 1:25 p.m. in a house on the 1400 block of Jamacha Hill Road on a kitchen stove, engulfed the kitchen, and went into the attic, according to Thomas Shoots of Cal Fire San Diego.

Several units from Cal Fire arrived and entered the attic through the roof to put down the fire at 2:10 p.m. Shoots said.

The injured woman’s son was also at home at the time, but was not injured.

The woman was taken to UC San Diego Medical Center for treatment.

Close modally

Suggest a correction

Comments are closed.