Family safely leaves home after Clay attic fire

CLAY, NY – A Sunday morning fire in Clay town temporarily displaced a family and triggered a quick response from firefighters and the Central New York Red Cross.

The fire was reported at around 7:40 a.m. at 7696 Mountain Ash in the town of Clay. The homeowner heard the fire alarm and then discovered a fire in the bathroom on the second floor. A ceiling fan burned and the homeowner could see fire in the ceiling and in the attic of the house.

He and his family fled the house unharmed, according to Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Sgt. Jon Seeber.

Firemen from Moyers Corners found and put out the heavy fire in the attic. Most of the damage is on the second floor and in the attic, Seeber said.

The Red Cross and National Grid also responded to the fire. There are currently no blackouts in this area, according to the National Grid Outage Map.

Comments are closed.