Channahon Family Displaced After Attic Fire

24241 W Kolibri ride in Channahon./WJOL Photo

A house fire in Channahon displaces a family and brings out more than half a dozen fire departments to help out with the fire. At around 10:45 p.m. on Wednesday evening, the Channahon Fire Protection District was retrofitted because of a fire in a residential building 24241 W Kolibri Drive in Channahon. Nobody was injured.

Upon arrival, the first fire service companies reported smoke that was visible on the roof. All inmates were taken into account when the emergency services arrived. Firefighters reported a working fire in the residence’s attic. Several lines were used to extinguish the fire. The fire was in the attic. Water and smoke damage was sustained on both levels of the house.

The fire was controlled at 11:34 p.m. NiCor and ComEd were called to the fire scene to secure the utilities.

The cause of the Fire seems to be accidentally. No dollar loss was available at the time of the fire investigation.

Agencies that help on site are included Minooka fire, Troy Fire, Elwood Fire, Wilmington Fire, Lockport Fire, Morris Fire and Plainfield Fire. Braidwood Fire, Homer Fire and Plainfield Fire provided Area coverage while Channahon and aid organizations worked on site.

Channahon Police helped keep the scene safe during the fire. Channahon Fire Chaplain and the American Red Cross are working with the family to provide relief and support services after the fire. 1-800 Board-Up secured forced openings and took care of clean-up operations as a result of fire operations.

Comments are closed.