Attic Fire Causes $400K In Damage To Carroll County Home, State Fire Marshal’s Office Says – CBS Baltimore
WOODBINE, Md. (WJZ) – An on-alarm fire that began Sunday evening in the attic of a Carroll County house caused $ 400,000 damage, the state firefighter’s office said Monday.
The fire started around 8:46 p.m. on the 1800 block of Gillis Falls Road in Woodbine. 60 firefighters were able to extinguish the flames in around 90 minutes.
Firefighters said the fire appeared to be due to a faulty HVAC unit.
The American Red Cross is helping the family of four who lived in the displaced house.
No injuries were reported.